The 2016 Builder's Choice Custom Home Design Awards are now closed.
ENTER THE 2016
BUILDER'S CHOICE CUSTOM HOME DESIGN AWARDS!
Sponsored by BUILDER and Custom Home magazines, this annual competition honors innovation and excellence in residential design and construction.
Please use either Chrome or Firefox as your browser when registering and completing the forms.
Regular Deadline: April 25, 2016 Late Deadline: April 29, 2016
Extended Deadline: May 2, 2016
Late Deadline: May 6, 2016
Projects entered for the late deadline are subject to an additional $50 fee.
ELIGIBILITY, JUDGING, & RECOGNITION
Projects completed after January 1, 2011 are eligible for submission. A panel of respected builders and design professionals with variety of residential expertise will review the merits of each completed entry. Judges will issue Grand and Merit Awards. One Grand winner may be elevated as Project of the Year. The decisions of the judges are final.
Winners will receive coverage in print issues of BUILDER and Custom Home, as well as on builderonline.com and customhomeonline.com. They will also be honored at a special event in September in Washington, D.C.
Judging Criteria: Innovation in architecture, sensitivity to context, floor plan efficiency, creative use of materials, interior design, landscaping, sustainable strategies, and third-party ratings or certifications, if relevant.
In addition to the above, winners can purchase the licensing rights through our exclusive partner, Wright's Media, who can assist in utilizing the win to drive revenues and increase brand equity through web, social and print production.
- Custom Home / 5,000 Square Feet or Less
- Custom Home /5,000 Square Feet or More
- Renovation (residential remodeling or addition or adaptive reuse)
- Architectural Interiors (build-outs, interior renovations)
- Accessory Building / Outdoor Spaces (pool house, stable, garden house, guesthouse, etc.)
- Production, Semi-Custom, or Spec / 3,500 Square Feet of Less
- Production, Semi-Custom, or Spec / More Than 3,500 Square Feet
- Modular/Prefab Home
- Multifamily, Duplexes, Townhomes and Mixed-Use
- Affordable Housing
- Urban or Community Planning
HOW TO ENTER
The Design Awards are completely digital! You can register, complete your entry forms, and upload images, drawings, and plans by submitting everything here in an easy, two-step process.
STEP ONE: Register your project and pay entry fees.
STEP TWO: Fill out online submission forms: upload your entry materials, as outlined below. You may also return to this website to add to or modify your entry at a later date before submitting.
Your entry will consist of an online entry form and supporting documents that can be uploaded to this website.
The online entry form will ask for the following:
- Entrant Information (contact details for the person preparing the entry)
- Project Information (including description, site and zoning constraints, square footage, etc.)
- Project Team information (including contact info for firms involved, i.e. architects, developers, builders, etc.)
Supporting documents for your entry such as photos, floor plans, site plans, etc. can be uploaded with your project information. Files must be .jpg images. You can upload up to 20 files. Please limit your uploaded materials to a TOTAL of 20 MB.
These supporting documents must include:
- Photographs of the completed project in .jpg format
- Drawings in .jpg format
Entries - $150 each (submitted by April 25, 2016)
Late Fee – additional $50 each (submitted after regular deadline and before April 29, 2016)
*No refunds will be issued
QUESTIONS? Email firstname.lastname@example.org