ENTER THE 2020
BUILDER'S CHOICE & CUSTOM HOME DESIGN AWARDS!
Sponsored by BUILDER, Custom Home, and Remodeling magazines, this annual competition honors innovation and excellence in residential design and construction.
Please use either Chrome or Firefox as your browser when registering and completing the forms.
Regular Deadline: Friday, April 24, 2020
Any materials submitted after the regular deadline are subject to an additional $50 fee.
Late Deadline: Friday, May 1, 2020
ELIGIBILITY, JUDGING, & RECOGNITION
Projects completed after January 1, 2015 are eligible for submission. A panel of respected builders and design professionals with variety of residential expertise will review the merits of each completed entry. Judges will issue Grand and Merit Awards; one grand winner may be recognized as Project of the Year. The decisions of the judges are final.
Judging Criteria: Innovation in architecture, sensitivity to context, floor plan efficiency, creative use of materials, interior design, landscaping, sustainable strategies, and third-party ratings or certifications, if relevant.
The BCCHDA and the Remodeling Design Awards (BCCHDA's sister awards program) have merged. We highly encourage remodelers to submit their gorgeous projects to one of the below categories:
- Accessory Building / Outdoor Spaces (deck, patio, pool house, stable, garden house, guesthouse, etc.)
- Affordable Housing
- Bath (new construction or remodel)
- Custom Home / 5,000 Square Feet or Less
- Custom Home / More than 5,000 Square Feet
- Interior Renovations (including master suites, basement, attics, mudrooms, etc.)
- Kitchen (new construction or remodel)
- Modular / Prefab Home
- Multifamily, Duplexes, Townhomes, and Mixed-Use
- Production, Semi-Custom, or Spec / 3,500 Square Feet or Less
- Production, Semi-Custom, or Spec / More than 3,500 Square Feet
- Renovation (Residential, remodeling, or addition, adaptive reuse)
- Urban or Community Planning
HOW TO ENTER
The Design Awards are completely digital! You can register, complete your entry forms, and upload images, drawings, and plans by submitting everything here in an easy, three-step process.
- STEP ONE: Register your project and pay entry fees.
- STEP TWO: Fill out online submission forms: upload your entry materials, as outlined below. During this step, you may also return to this website to add to or modify your entry at a later date before submitting.
- STEP THREE: Finalize and submit your entries. Once you finalize and submit an entry, you will not be able to edit it further.
Your entry will consist of an online entry form and supporting documents that can be uploaded to this website.
The online entry form will ask for the following:
- Entrant Information (contact details for the person preparing the entry)
- Project Information (including description, site and zoning constraints, square footage, etc.)
- Project Team information (including contact info for firms involved, i.e. architects, developers, builders, etc.)
Supporting documents for your entry such as photos, floor plans, site plans, etc. can be uploaded with your project information. Files must be .jpg images, in RGB format, and no more than 4000 pixels wide or tall. You can upload up to 20 files.
These supporting documents must include:
- Photographs of the completed project in .jpg format
- Drawings in .jpg format
- All jpg files must be in RGB format, and no larger than 4000 pixels wide or tall.
$150 per entry
Late Fee – additional $50 per entry (for any registration or materials submitted on or after April 24, 2020).
You will be charged a $50 late fee per entry for any materials submitted after 11:59PM EST, on April 24, 2020. You will pay this late fee at the end of the submission materials section (ie - you will pay the late fee after you upload photos). All late entry materials must be received by 11:59PM EST, May 1, 2020.
*No refunds will be issued